Ramadan and the Omer
May 19 @ 6:30 pm - June 16 @ 8:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until May 26, 2020
Imam Chris Caras of the Islamic Center of Pittsburgh and Rabbi Jonathan Perlman of New Light Congregation will lead a five week virtual class in the discussion of Ramadan, Eid al-Fatr, Hajj, Passover, Shavuot and The Counting of the Omer.
Classes will be conducted with Zoom. They are free but you must register at https://newlightcongregation.org/events/the-omer-and-ramadan/ by April 24.
The five topics to be addressed are:
• April 28 – The Origins of the Passover in the Torah
• May 5 – The History and Practices of Ramadan
• May 12 – Counting to Sinai: The Meaning of the Omer
• May 19 – Ending Ramadan: Eid al-Fitr and the Haj
• May 26 – Shavuot (Weeks) and the Purpose of Sacred Seasons